Thursday, July 06, 2006

somethings gonna change

  • Massive Attack have announced a full North American tour.
  • Pete Doherty has given an interview with Johnathan Ross (to be aired tomorrow) in which he discusses Carl and being booted from The Libertines as well as his love for Kate Moss.
  • Lily Allen says her Dad's celebrity status didn't help her launch her career. Sure, but it didn't hurt it either.
  • Wilco's Jeff Tweedy is feeling better having kicked his addiction and taken up running.
  • The Pixies will never make another record says Frank Black.
  • Crappy YouTube footage of Dirty Pretty Things new video for "Deadwood". It's everything I hoped it could be.
  • 'The Velvet Underground & Nico'has been voted the greatest debut album of all time in this month's issue of Uncut.
  • Emmy nominations have been announced. Grey's Anatomy (my new favourite show) picked up 11.
  • Someone has taken it upon themselves to teach people (by ticketing them) how to use a sidewalk! It's about time someone took action!
  • If someone's feeling generous you can feel free buy me all the new arrivals at Ben Sherman.
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha, just caught this on myspace, since i added test icicles (i thought their name was funny, had to do it)

    from them..



    "someone just alerted me to this!

    Kasabian NME interview!!

    read what he says about TEST ICICLES, i'd like to be offended but it doesn't really make any sense, it's pretty damn funny though!

    I guess that's what you get when you ask people with limited intelligence daft questions.
    It's a shame, the singers Liam Gallagher impersonations would be so much better if he was actually northern!

    Kasabian, great band, keep up the good work boys!

    Raaaaryx

    p.s. Kasabian says: "radiohead smell" and that "that bloke from U2's got a small cock!!" ;)

    I shouldn't even mention this article really cos these band only do it to attract attention to themselves, but fuck it, it worked, go have a read for yourselves, ours is definately the funniest put-down, we're so honoured..."



    just figured i'd tell you, since you're the reason i knew about the article...i didn't inform them...




    ...there can only be one highlander...

    1:54 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one on the Benie S. email list. Seriously, though, it pains me to say this (as half of my none too small closet has Sherman's signature on it) but with the excpetion of a couple handfuls of pieces this year's men's collection is a bunch of fug. Heck even the Special Brew pieces are lacking. I've been noticing that seems to be trend the past three collections—what I wouldn't give for them to go back to the style of four or five season's ago.

    That being said the women's collection looks significantly better, especially the dresses—I'm quite jealous.

    Still I'll continue to buy Ben Sherman because as far as I'm concerted the fit of the shirts is absolutely impeccable considering the cost.

    I cannot wait to get back to the flagship on Carnaby Street. Heck if I had the money I'd make the trip to London every quarter just to go shopping there. Actually I'm also looking for an excuse to visit New York so I can see the store they opened up in the Meat Packing district. Hopefully this expansion in the the U.S. is selective 'cause I'd hate for the brand to become ubiquitous.

    Also good for Jeff. Running's so very un-rock-and-roll. But it should be. I know it sounds crazy but a good hour or two run is sublime.

    Lastly Dirty Pretty Things is a whole pile of awesome. Carl rules at life. Pete who? Baby what?

    9:49 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home