Tuesday, July 11, 2006

screams calling London

  • Running a bit late today... Decided to swallow my pride and go out and apply for a crappy part-time job this morning... Followed by a brief emotional breakdown... I'm cool now.
  • Pink Floyd co-founder Syd Barrett has died at the age of 60.
  • Noel Gallagher partied with the Italian team after their World Cup win and gave an impromptu performance. And it has also been announced Noel will be playing a benefit for a drug addiction charity in the fall.
  • Broken Social Scene are planning a hiatus after their fall tour.
  • The early bird tickets for next year's T In The Park have already sold out.
  • I checked out the preview of The Killers new single "When You Were Young" (also here) and I'm not impressed by what I hear at all :(
  • Download "Sheila" by Jamie T - it's the best thing I've heard in weeks and I feel bad for not sharing it sooner.
  • Tomorrow night Howie Beck, my favourite underrated Toronto singer/songwriter, is playing two rare solo shows (at 7pm and 10pm) at the Rivoli. Jason Collett's also on the bill.
  • Did anyone else see Amy Sedaris on The Colbert Report last night? The "tumbling" routine was AWESOME!
  • This Birthday Calculator is awesome if you're interested in knowing how many seconds you have been alive, when you were probably conceived and, more importantly, if you and your mate are compatible! I can't pretend I don't love this stuff!
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha, yes, i saw that on the Colbert Report, and yes, that was very awesome.
    I wonder how long it took them to get it that perfect, especially since that was all live..

    5:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Colbert had a week off before that. must've practiced a bit beforehand.

    was he giddy from the very start of the episode? i thought they was an electricity about the show. Amy brings it out in him. can't wait to see the film.

    btw, anyone near Montreal should definitely check out the Just for Laughs festival - they're showing the Strangers With Candy movie saturday at 10 pm :) and Amy and Paul ("Tad") are gonna be there :P all for $9 :)

    11:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    is it wrong that i'm loving the jamie t track??

    3:15 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Cory - Yeah I think they all just have way too much spare time!

    Sam - Leave it to him to bring back dance routines!

    vivaissy - I'm ADDICTED!

    4:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home