Wednesday, July 26, 2006

how can you bring sexy back if it never left?

  • Pete Doherty says his diaries being published are full of "amazing nonsense". Doesn't really make me wanna rush out an buy it. Here's the cover of his mother's tell-all book.
  • Morrissey always has the last word. He can be so mean when he wants to be.
  • Pitchfork reviews The Pipettes album.
  • Here's a preview of The Killers new album which is of no interest to me whatsoever.
  • Charlotte Gainsbourg (Serge Gainsbourg's daughter) will release a track written by Jarvis Cocker as her new single.
  • I think I ALMOST might be starting to "not hate" Justin Timberlake.
  • "MySpace shut down by US heatwave" is now BBC newsworthy. Sigh.
  • Rolling Stones have announced new North American tour dates and Lily Allen has announced a UK tour.
  • The Futureheads (and Tapes 'N Tapes) play a show at the Phoenix tonight.
  • Does anybody know of any good places (i.e. hotels that aren't too expensive, nice hostels with private rooms, etc.) to stay in Montreal? I'm in need of a place to crash during Osheaga!
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger kat said...

    PS: How are you getting to Montreal? I'm going to Osheaga too, and two of my friends are thinking of renting a car since they'll be in Montreal for a wedding. But I need to get there somehow. Let's coordinate (if ya want).

    Places to stay in Montreal...hmm. I stayed at a cheap B&B downtown; I'll look up the name and IM it to you.

    12:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Beastie Boys signing is tomorrow. At least I'm pretty sure it is.

    6:55 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Kat - I forgot to mention to you before that if you know of anyone else from Toronto who's going to Osheaga and wants to get in on the car ride (I can take one more) let me know. The more people, the cheaper the gas.
    Also if you could get me the name of that B&B that would be grand.

    Mike - You're totally right - I'm a dumbass!

    11:02 PM  
    Blogger afterglow said...

    I was in Montreal recently and stayed at the University of Montreal residences. Clean and cheap. You can check it out at http://www.studioshotel.com/. I hear McGill has a residence hotel too.

    1:07 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home