Monday, March 27, 2006

the car's already crashed

  • Stellastarr* and The Editors put on a solid show Friday! Dare I say I enjoyed it more than Arctic Monkeys show at the same venue a few days earlier! Stellastarr* put on such an energetic show that it was hard act for The Editors to follow! And I must add that it was fab to see Alana and Rebecca dancing onstage for "My Coco"! Atta girls!
  • Rolling Stone's article "Over The Edge with Pete Doherty." I think it's very good.
  • Thank the lord for Dirty Pretty Things!
  • Art Brut have inked an American record deal and will get a US release in May. Hurrah!
  • Andrew Kendall has finally posted some pictures of Morrissey's performance at the Austin Music Hall (March 16th).
  • I love all the ridiculous new Gnarls Barkley promo pics. See here, here, here, and here.
  • Arctic Monkeys are headed Down Under.
  • The Guardian writes on Julien Temple's "epic" new film about the Glastonbury festival.
  • Pictures that apparently prove Kate'n'Pete are still an item!
  • I saw V for Vendetta on IMAX this weekend and really enjoyed it. Verdict? Very enjoyable in spite of my initial protests (sorry babe).
  • Someone finally YouTube'd Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) performing "Help the (Muthafuckin) Aged" on the Ali G Show many years ago. Brilliant.
  • BWAHAHAH! Widespread CRACK use in Alabama = "Leprechaun in Alabama" news feature!
  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Steve said...

    Thanks for the Jarvis/AliG YouTube link... Wow, sooooooooo mathafuckin' awesome!

    Can't wait for the Dirty Pretty Things album...

    2:12 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Rebecca - She knows how to shake it thats for sure!

    rocknrollstar - My pleasure! It always brings a smile to my face!
    And me neither with DPT!

    5:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home