Friday, May 19, 2006

fucking in the bushes

  • Woohoo! Long weekend! I'm gonna be spending my May 2-4 camping up North - but first I have about a million things to do so this is just a quickie post... I'll be back on Tuesday.
  • REM, Ryan Adams, Wilco and Idlewild are amoung the many artists on an upcoming Big Star tribute album. Should be solid alt-country goodness.
  • The Kooks are trying to stir up a fued with Razorlight.
  • Speaking of, here's The Kooks new video for "She Moves In Her Own Way".
  • Some 'Viva Hate' outtakes from Morrissey. (Thanks G!)
  • Dodge has a whole lotta cover versions of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" but none of them even come close to the original's brilliance as far as I'm concerned.
  • Live review of Depeche Mode in Toronto.
  • Would you have ever guessed that Prince Charles is a Leonard Cohen fan?
  • Another reason I love Scotland.
  • Alright, I better go... I'm really looking forward to the getting back to nature this weekend... like Geraldo!
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    how can you side against moz and call yourself and animal rights advocate- the hypocricy, the sad sad hypocricy

    1:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey snob- i really like your blog and the links are very entertainging- how much time do you spend daily finding all this cool suff- i'm thinking about starting one but need to know how much time people put into them to make it worth it- keep up the great site

    2:12 PM  
    Blogger boadwee blog said...

    VALERIE!!!! I HOPE YOU SEE THIS. Blood Arm called me last minute, they're in Toronto tonight. On the off chance you get this soon, ring me and I'll have them sort you for the guest list. They're opening for the Charlatans! boadwee

    8:40 PM  
    Blogger boadwee blog said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    8:40 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    jason S.man - Someone as SIMPLE as you who makes assumptions like that wouldn't understand the complexity of the issue.

    Anonymous - Thanks so much! I spend about an hour a day trolling my favourite sites! Having a blog is cool but I will warn that there's not a lot of perks besides the free music - you gotta do it because you enjoy it! :)

    Boadwee - I really appreciate that!!!

    12:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home