Wednesday, May 17, 2006

sunburnt in springtime

  • Arctic Monkeys outdrink Noel Gallagher. Seriously? I'm disappointed. Liam would have never let that happen.
  • Chris Martin whores himself out for another charity.
  • Elbow frontman Guy Garvey wants Radiohead to sign a deal with his record label. I guess he figures it's worth a shot.
  • Razorlight think they're "better than Arctic Monkeys" and I have to agree.
  • The Raconteurs have announced some North American tour dates. The only Canadian date (thus far) is in Vancouver.
  • The new video from The Streets for "Never Went To Church". It's a sad one!
  • The first five albums from Jesus and the Mary Chain are being re-released this July.
  • Torr has new singles from Keane and Cooper Temple Clause.
  • Snoop Dogg's been banned from the UK which I don't think is very fair...
  • Paul McCartney's seperating from his wife and they're blaming the media for their split. Riiight.
  • The Cannes Film Festival will kick off tonight with the premiere of The Da Vinci Code which is a film I normally would avoid for various reasons (Tom Hanks, religious content, buzz, etc) but, I confess, I'm actually looking forward to seeing it thanks to the combined sexiness of Audrey Tautou and Paul Bettany. Sorry for rambling on there for a minute.
  • Damnit! We've lost Keira Knightley to Kabbalah! Nooo!
  • Season finale of America's Next Top Model tonight. I'm cheering for Joanie or Danielle - pretty much anyone except that bitch Jade.
  • I'm making a new workout playlist for my iPod. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • 7 Comments:

    Blogger Janice said...

    If the Garvey/Skinny Dog Records + Radiohead union become a reality, i think my head would soooo explode!

    12:07 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    www.the-trash.blogspot.com

    4 mixes from last saturday at my club. all 4 sets are upbeat perfect for the gym.

    have a look!

    i would also suggest,
    ride - black night crash!
    always gets me goin'!

    3:18 PM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    Dunno about you, but "Where the streets have no name" (original studio off the Joshua Tree or even better the live from Mexico - Pop Mart tour version), has always made me strip to my tiddy whities and run around the block. So i guess it would work as a work-out song.

    (Ok, i haven't done it yet, but it makes me want to do it.)

    G.

    3:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Workout playlist!


    All Shall Perish- The Spreading of Disease
    Between The Buried and Me- The Primer
    Behemoth- Decade of Theroin
    The Black Dhalia Murder- Closed Casket Requiem
    The Dillinger Escape Plan- When Good Dogs Do Bad Things
    Faster Than Empires And More Slow- Rayden's Fatality
    Himsa- Dominion
    Horse The Band- Cutsman
    Ihsahn- Invocation
    Job For A Cowboy- Entombment of a Machine
    A Life Once Lost- Vulture
    Minor Threat- Screaming At A Wall
    The Red Chord- Love Against The Concrete
    Sinai Beach- Humanity
    Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition- XX 09 02
    Suicide Silence- Swarm
    Terrorizer- After World Obliteration
    Tiger Army- Never Die


    ^ Not all of the songs are super heavy.

    4:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, we may have lost Keira, but we've regained Britney, who says she does not study Kabbalah anymore because her baby is now her religion.

    As for workout music, mix in some Tralala (you can find them at the end of my friends list on MySpace) with your Pipettes, and you should be set!

    7:26 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Janice - Ahahah, it would be a pretty cool partnership!

    Jon - Wow! I didn't realize you had a blog, let alone podcasts! That's great! Thanks!

    Gilberto - Ahahahah, I'll give in a whirl. I just hope I can keep my clothes on.

    Tom D - You have very similar taste in music to a friend of mind. So smiliar its scary! Aha! Thanks for the list!

    Thierry - Yeah, I saw that but I'd take Keira over Britney ANYDAY. I'll go off in search of Tralala right now.

    Rebecca - Ahahah, well clearly you're a contender in rock'n'roll drinking battles!

    10:20 AM  
    Blogger pete said...

    My workout/pump-me-up playlist

    Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
    Stinkfist - Tool
    Toxicity - System of a Down
    The Red - Chevelle
    The Ex - Billy Talent
    Block Rockin' Beats - Chemical Brothers
    March of the Pigs - NIN
    Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

    Note, this isn't reflective of my every day listening, except for Tool (who blew the roof off the Hummingbird Centre; if you weren't there)

    12:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home